- Category: Events
The conference will look at the therapeutic interventions that migrants (whether forced or because of economic or other reasons) have accessed and benefited from and the lessons learnt from these interventions.
The morning session keynote speakers, including Patrick Vernon OBE, will provide the context and set the parameters for the seminars and workshop sessions centered around therapeutic approached to the journeys of migrants which be presented by professionals and academics who are leaders in this field.
Topics will include:
- The trauma of racist hatred : killing curiosity and concern
- Dynamic and developmental processes in group interventions
- Racism and its impact on intercultural communication
- Trauma, adjustment and resilience in an intercultural context
- The struggle to metabolise race in psychotherapies
Time: 9am - 4pm
Venue: Regent's College, Central London
In addition, there will be presentations by the Freedom from Torture Clinical Team and the Baobab Centre. Booking details and registrations online at www.nafsiyat.org.uk/conference2013